Tipton Community Congregational Church
congregation of faith
Tipton Community Congregational Church was organized in 1836 as the First Presbyterian Society of Franklin. However, by 1845 the members desired to leave the Presbytery and become affiliated with the Congregational Association. This was accomplished in 1852.
In 1930 the Congregational Church of Franklin united with the local Methodist church to become Tipton Community Church. Desiring to return to its Congregational roots, in 1988 the church joined the National Association of Congregational Christian Churches and changed its name to Tipton Community Congregational Church.
The main church structure was built in 1860. A basement and offices were added in 1952 and a new fellowship hall and elevator was built in 2003.